Vauxhall Ag Society - Riding Arena
Following all COVID-19 Guidelines
The objective of the Vauxhall Agricultural Society with regard to the rodeo arena
is to promote the use of the arena for western way of life activities.
We have done many renovations to our arena and we will provide a safe and functional facility for family recreational use.
Our first annual roping jackpot was hosted on June 1st, 2019 with 169 teams participating, this was a very successful event for our facility. We also hosted our second annual Family Fun Rodeo on June 8th, 2019. This is a great event for the entire family to attend. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we were unable to host these events in 2020, but will plan to host these events in 2021!
We were fortunate to be able to host our first AHSRA event in September 2020. This was a very successful event for our facility as well as the competitors of the AJHSRA & the AHSRA, as many events were unable to continue in 2020 due to COVID-19.
We would like to congratulate some of our local members on their successes as they have had some very exciting opportuinties in 2019. Titius Kropf competed in the World Series of Team Roping Finale at the South Point Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV in December 2019. Jo Jones won the 2019 ARCHA Buckle Series Ranch Hand Rein/Box Class, the ARCHA Snaffle Bit Futurity Non-Pro Limited Class and the ARCHA 2019 year end Reserve Champion Ranch Hand Rein/Box Class. Jessie Ferguson was the 2019 AHSRA Queen and competed at the NHSRA Finals in Rock Springs, WY in July 2019 finishing top ten in the Nation and she is the current AHSRA Vice President. Vane Ferguson qualified for the NJHSRA Finals in 2019 & 2020 in 3 events. He is currently leading the AHSRA Boys Rookie standings for the 2020/2021 AHSRA season. Jessie and Vane Ferguson are currently sitting 2nd in the Team Roping event and Vane Ferguson is currently 3rd in the Tie Down event. We want to congratulate our members on these amazing accomplishments and wish them all the best in the new year.
To use the rodeo arena people must:
1. Become a member of the Ag Society.
2. Follow and enforce all bylaws, rules and regulations of the Ag Society.
3. Get personal liability insurance through The Alberta Equestrian Federation
and provide the Arena Committee with proof of membership.
4. Schedule use through our arena coordinators.
5. Provide contact info to the arena coordinators.
6. Sign a waiver-releasing the Ag Society of liability in case of an accident.
7. Attend one organized grounds clean-up each year.
8. Give the Arena coordinators two days’ notice to use the arena. Keys may
be accessed from Jo Jones, Richard Ferguson or Danna Ferguson.
Rules and Regulations:
1. You are responsible for locking up after each use; keys must not be copied
or lent to non-members.
2. Barrels and other equipment must be stored properly.
3. All garbage and litter must be picked up after each use; please use respect.
Put garbage bags in the shed or take it with you.
4. Any youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or
5. All riders entering the arena acknowledge that they are riding at their own
6. All riders who are given permission by the Vauxhall Ag Society to self pen
their horses during an event will be doing so at their own risk.
7. Conduct and practice good horsemanship; abuse of animals will not be
8. For info contact: Jo Jones 403-634-3133 or Danna Ferguson 403-894-0923
9. Rule infractions will result in the loss of membership and riding privileges.
1. Daily Rental Fee - $100.00
2. Hourly Rental Fee - $25.00
3. Non-member Drop in Fee - $10.00 per rider/ride
1. Yearly Family Membership - $75.00
2. Yearly Individual Membership - $50.00