Vauxhall Ag Society - Riding Arena
Following all COVID-19 Guidelines
The objective of the Vauxhall Agricultural Society with regard to the rodeo arena
is to promote the use of the arena for western way of life activities.
We have done many renovations to our arena and we will provide a safe and functional facility for family recreational use.
Our first annual roping jackpot was hosted on June 1st, 2019 with 169 teams participating, this was a very successful event for our facility. We also hosted our second annual Family Fun Rodeo on June 8th, 2019. This is a great event for the entire family to attend. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we were unable to host these events in 2020, but will plan to host these events in 2021!
We were fortunate to be able to host our first AHSRA event in September 2020. This was a very successful event for our facility as well as the competitors of the AJHSRA & the AHSRA, as many events were unable to continue in 2020 due to COVID-19.
We would like to congratulate some of our very talented local youth on their qualifications to the 2022 National High School Rodeo Finals which will be held in Gillette, Wy from July 15th - 25th. Vane Ferguson is a 3 time National Qualifier and will be competing this year in the Steer Wrestling Event. Austin Broderson is a 2 time qualifier and will be competing this year in the Bareback Riding. Austin Broderson was also invited to the 2022 Novice Bareback Riding at the Calgary Stampede. Vane Ferguson will also compete at the Canadian High School Finals in August 2022 in Swift Current, Sk in the Tie Down Roping and Steer Wrestling. As well as the Vegas Tuffest Event held in December 2022 at Las Vegas, NV in the Tie Down Roping. We are very proud of both of these individuals and we would like to wish them both the best of luck in their upcoming events and we can't wait to see what the future holds for both of them!
To use the rodeo arena people must:
1. Become a member of the Ag Society.
2. Follow and enforce all bylaws, rules and regulations of the Ag Society.
3. Get personal liability insurance through The Alberta Equestrian Federation
and provide the Arena Committee with proof of membership.
4. Schedule use through our arena coordinators.
5. Provide contact info to the arena coordinators.
6. Sign a waiver-releasing the Ag Society of liability in case of an accident.
7. Attend one organized grounds clean-up each year.
8. Give the Arena coordinators two days’ notice to use the arena. Keys may
be accessed from Jo Jones, Richard Ferguson or Danna Ferguson.
Rules and Regulations:
1. You are responsible for locking up after each use; keys must not be copied
or lent to non-members.
2. Barrels and other equipment must be stored properly.
3. All garbage and litter must be picked up after each use; please use respect.
Put garbage bags in the shed or take it with you.
4. Any youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or
5. All riders entering the arena acknowledge that they are riding at their own
6. All riders who are given permission by the Vauxhall Ag Society to self pen
their horses during an event will be doing so at their own risk.
7. Conduct and practice good horsemanship; abuse of animals will not be
8. For info contact: Jo Jones 403-634-3133 or Danna Ferguson 403-894-0923
9. Rule infractions will result in the loss of membership and riding privileges.
1. Daily Rental Fee - $250.00
2. Hourly Rental Fee - $25.00
3. Non-member Drop in Fee - $10.00 per rider/ride
1. Yearly Family Membership - $75.00
2. Yearly Individual Membership - $50.00