The objective of the Vauxhall Agricultural Society with regard to the rodeo arena
is to promote the use of the arena for western way of life activities.
We will provide a safe and functional facility for family recreational use.
The first annual roping jackpot was hosted on June 1st, 2019 with 169 teams participating. A very successful event, we hope everyone will be back in 2020.
Our second annual Family Fun Rodeo was held on June 8th, 2019. This is a great event for the entire family to attend, we look forward to have everyone come and check it out in 2020.
We would like to congratulate some of our local members on their recent success as they have had some very exciting opportuinties in 2019. Titius Kropf will be competeing in the World Series of Team Roping Finale at the South Point Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV in December 2019. Jo Jones won the 2019 ARCHA Buckle Series Ranch Hand Rein/Box Class, the ARCHA Snaffle Bit Futurity Non-Pro Limited Class and the ARCHA 2019 year end Reserve Champion Ranch Hand Rein/Box Class. Jessie Ferguson is the current AHSRA Queen and competed at the NHSRA Finals in Rock Springs, WY in July 2019 finishing top ten in the Nation and is a current Cinch Rodeo Team Member. Vane Ferguson qualified for the NJHSRA Finals in Chute Dogging and Boys Goat Tying in June 2019. He is currently Leading 4 of his 5 events and is 2nd in the 5th event, he is also leading the Boys All Around standings currently in the 2019/2020 AJHSRA season. Vane is also a current Cinch Rodeo Team Member. We want to congratulate our members on these amazing accomplishments and wish them all the best in the new year.
To use the rodeo arena people must:
1. Become a member of the Ag Society.
2. Follow and enforce all bylaws, rules and regulations of the Ag Society.
3. Get personal liability insurance through The Alberta Equestrian Federation
and provide the Arena Committee with proof of membership.
4. Schedule use through our arena coordinators.
5. Provide contact info to the arena coordinators.
6. Sign a waiver-releasing the Ag Society of liability in case of an accident.
7. Attend one organized grounds clean-up each year.
8. Give the Arena coordinators two days’ notice to use the arena. Keys may
be accessed from Carol Jones, Sarah or Titus Kropf.
Rules and Regulations:
1. You are responsible for locking up after each use; keys must not be copied
or lent to non-members.
2. Barrels and other equipment must be stored properly.
3. All garbage and litter must be picked up after each use; please use respect.
Put garbage bags in the shed or take it with you.
4. Any youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or
5. All riders entering the arena acknowledge that they are riding at their own
6. Conduct and practise good horsemanship; abuse of animals will not be
7. For info contact: Sarah Kropf 403-501-4695 or Carol Jones 403-330-4488.
8. Rule infractions will result in the loss of membership and riding privileges.